VimpelCom (VIP) Cancels Dividend Ahead of AGM in Light of Moscow Arbitration Court Charges
- Market Wrap: Mandela Passes Away; U.S. Shows Robust Growth in Q3; Diversifying Twitter
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (ENZN) (PSUN) (FNSR) Higher; (ULTA) (SEAC) (BIG) Lower (more...)
- U.S. GDP Rose 3.6% in Q3
- J.C. Penney (JCP) Discloses Letter from SEC on Liquidity, Cash, Debt and Stock Offering
- Facebook (FB) Can't Get Any S&P 500 Love... The Reason Explained
VimpelCom Ltd. (NYSE: VIP), announces that in light of injunctions issued by the Moscow Arbitration Court (including the prohibition on the payment of dividends by the Company's wholly-owned Russian subsidiary OJSC "Vimpel-Communications") in relation to the claims by the Russian Federal Anti-Monopoly Service against Telenor and Weather II:
- The Supervisory Board of the Company considers it prudent and in the best interests of VimpelCom to postpone the payment and cancel the June 1, 2012 record date of the final dividend relating to the Company's 2011 results.Â The Supervisory Board of the Company will make a decision whether to pay the final 2011 dividend at a later date and will set a new record dateÂ as appropriate.
- The Company plans to hold its annual general shareholders meeting ("AGM") in December 2012, with the exact date to be notified by the Supervisory Board.
- The Company will continue to assess the situation as further developments occur.
You May Also Be Interested In
- MEDNAX (MD) Approves Two-for-One Split
- Regis Corp (RGS) Updates Capital Allocation Plan; Will Discontinue Dividend Payment
- DTE Energy Co. (DTE) Declares $0.655 Quarterly Dividend; 3.9% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Dividends
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!