Sonic Corp (SONC) Adds $40M to Stock Buyback Authorization
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Sonic Corp. (Nasdaq: SONC) announced that its Board of Directors has increased its authorization under the share repurchase program by $40 million. The additional authorization allows for up to $195 million of common stock to be repurchased through August 31, 2017. In fiscal 2016, the company repurchased approximately $148 million in common stock, including $22 million under the current program, leaving $173 million remaining under the enhanced authorization for repurchase during fiscal 2017. Share repurchases may be made from time to time in the open market or otherwise, including through an accelerated share repurchase program, under the terms of a Rule 10b5-1 plan, in privately negotiated transactions or in round lot or block transactions.
The company also announced that its Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.14 per share of common stock to be paid to shareholders of record as of the close of business on November 9, 2016, with a payment date of November 18, 2016.
Future declaration of quarterly dividends and the establishment of future record and payment dates are subject to the final determination of the company's Board of Directors.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Network-1 Technologies (NTIP) Approves Initial 5c Semi-Annual Dividend
- Verisk Analytics (VRSK) Approves Additional $500M Common Stock Buyback Plan
- Ventas (VTR) Raises Quarterly Dividend 6.2% to $0.775; 5% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDividends, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesTwitter, Dividend, Stock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!