Sonic Corp (SONC) Adds $40M to Stock Buyback Authorization
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Sonic Corp. (Nasdaq: SONC) announced that its Board of Directors has increased its authorization under the share repurchase program by $40 million. The additional authorization allows for up to $195 million of common stock to be repurchased through August 31, 2017. In fiscal 2016, the company repurchased approximately $148 million in common stock, including $22 million under the current program, leaving $173 million remaining under the enhanced authorization for repurchase during fiscal 2017. Share repurchases may be made from time to time in the open market or otherwise, including through an accelerated share repurchase program, under the terms of a Rule 10b5-1 plan, in privately negotiated transactions or in round lot or block transactions.
The company also announced that its Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.14 per share of common stock to be paid to shareholders of record as of the close of business on November 9, 2016, with a payment date of November 18, 2016.
Future declaration of quarterly dividends and the establishment of future record and payment dates are subject to the final determination of the company's Board of Directors.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonic Corp (SONC) Declares $0.14 Quarterly Dividend; 2.2% Yield
- JMP Group (JMP) Declares $0.03 Monthly Dividend; 6% Yield
- Spark Energy (SPKE) Declares $0.3625 Quarterly Dividend; 5% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDividends, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesTwitter, Dividend, Stock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!