SeaWorld (SEAS) Cuts Quarterly Dividend, To Suspend Future Payments
- Wall Street climbs in wake of first presidential face-off
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c; Futures Orders Miss Views
- Tempur Sealy (TPX) Updates on Outlook; Sees Q3 Sales Below Prior Expectations
- Galectin (GALT) Reports Exploratory Phase 2a Pilot Trial of GR-MD-02 in Nash Misses Primary Biomarker Endpoint; Announces $1.5M Private Placement
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/27: (SEED) (GALE) (CTAS) Higher; (GALT) (TPX) (NKE) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
SeaWorld Entertainment (NYSE: SEAS) declared a quarterly dividend of $0.10 per share, or $0.4 annualized. This is a 52.4% decrease from the prior dividend of $0.21.
The dividend will be payable on October 7, 2016, to stockholders of record on September 29, 2016, with an ex-dividend date of September 27, 2016.
The annual yield on the dividend is 3.1 percent.
The company expects to redeploy this additional capital to shareholders by opportunistically repurchasing the company's shares in the open market during the remainder of 2016. The Board has also decided to suspend the company's quarterly dividend subsequent to this dividend declaration.
"We believe our 5-point strategy to stabilize the business to drive sustainable growth is taking hold, and we are optimistic about SeaWorld's long-term future. After careful and thorough deliberation, the Board has determined that, consistent with the financial discipline pillar of the company's strategy, the best way to support the long-term development of the business and deliver value to shareholders is to suspend future dividends at this time. Doing so will give us the greatest flexibility to deploy capital to the opportunities that offer the greatest long term returns to our shareholders. In the near-term, we believe that returning capital from the current reduced dividend payment by opportunistically buying back SeaWorld shares, offers the best return to shareholders. In the longer term, we will remain disciplined and regularly assess our allocation of capital," said Joel Manby, President and Chief Executive Officer of the company.
As of September 19, 2016, the company had approximately $190.0 million available for future share repurchases under its $250.0 million program authorized by the Board in 2014. The number of shares to be purchased and the timing of purchases will be based on business and market conditions, debt covenant restrictions and other factors.
For a dividend history and other dividend-related data on SeaWorld Entertainment (SEAS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- American Express (AXP) Announces 150M Common Stock Buyback; Quarterly Dividend Increased 10.3%
- Global Net Lease (GNL) Declares $0.059166667 Monthly Dividend; 8.6% Yield
- Yum! Brands (YUM) Board Approves Yum China (YUMC) Separation; Increased Dividend Announced
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDividends, Hot Dividends, Stock Buybacks, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!