Piedmont Natural Gas (PNY) Announces 34c Special Contingent Dividend
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
At its regular quarterly meeting of the Company's Board of Directors, Piedmont Natural Gas (NYSE: PNY) today announced the declaration of a special contingent dividend on the outstanding shares of its Common Stock of $0.34 per share, subject to proration as described below. This dividend is payable on the earlier of the effective date of the acquisition of Piedmont Natural Gas by Duke Energy Corporation (Effective Time) and January 13, 2017 and will be payable to holders of record at the close of business on the earlier of the business day immediately preceding the Effective Time and December 23, 2016.
In the event that the Effective Time occurs before December 23, 2016, the amount per common share of this dividend will be prorated to reflect the actual number of days beginning (and including) September 24, 2016 through and including the Effective Time multiplied by $0.00373626 (calculated by dividing $0.34 by 91, which is the number of days beginning September 24, 2016 and ending December 23, 2016) and then rounded to the nearest whole cent. This special contingent dividend is in addition to Piedmont's regular third quarter dividend of $0.34 per share of common stock announced earlier today and is intended to cover the period, if any, between September 23, 2016 (the regular record date for the regular third quarter dividend) and completion of the acquisition. In the event that the Effective Time occurs after December 23, 2016, this special contingent dividend shall constitute the Company's regular fourth quarter dividend.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Coty (COTY) Raises Quarterly Dividend 81.8% to $0.125; 2.6% Yield
- Edison Int'l (EIX) Raises Annual Dividend 13% to $0.5425; 0.8% Yield
- St. Jude Medical (STJ) Declares $0.31 Quarterly Dividend; 1.5% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDividends, Special Dividends
Related EntitiesDividend, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!