PharmAthene (PIP) Declares $2.91 Special Dividend
- Wall Street hits record high for third day in a row
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
PharmAthene (NYSE: PIP) declared a special dividend of $2.91 per share.
The dividend will be payable on February 3, 2017, to stockholders of record on January 24, 2017, with an ex-dividend date of February 6, 2017.
The annual yield on the dividend is 100.3 percent.
The special dividend, totaling an aggregate payment of approximately $200 million, which represents approximately 98% of the after tax net cash proceeds received from SIGA, was approved by PharmAthene's Board of Directors following the Company's receipt of $83.9 million as final payment from SIGA Technologies, Inc. in satisfaction of the judgment owed by it to PharmAthene. In total, PharmAthene has received payment of approximately $217 million (including interest) from SIGA in connection with the judgment.
The U.S. federal income tax treatment of holding common stock to any particular stockholder will depend on the stockholder's particular tax circumstances. PharmAthene's stockholders are urged to consult their tax advisor regarding the U.S. federal, state, local and foreign income and other tax consequences to them, in light of their particular investment or tax circumstances, of the receipt of the special dividend.
For a dividend history and other dividend-related data on PharmAthene (PIP) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Coty (COTY) Raises Quarterly Dividend 81.8% to $0.125; 2.6% Yield
- Medifast (MED) Raises Quarterly Dividend 28% to $0.32; 3.1% Yield
- Chatham Lodging Trust (CLDT) Declares $0.11 Monthly Dividend; 6.3% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDividends, Hot Dividends, Special Dividends
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!