Meet Your 2013 Dogs of the Dow
- Top 10 News for 7/27 - 7/31: Teva Makes it Official with Allergan; China Stock Slide Continues; Revised Q2 GDP Misses Mark
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Posts Q2 EPS of $1.00
- TerraForm Global (GLBL) IPO Opens at $14
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 7/31: (YRCW) (MGI) (HTCH) Higher; (EYEG) (RADA) (OCN) Lower
- UPS (UPS) to Acquire Coyote Logistics in $1.8B Deal
Below is the 2013 "Dogs of the Dow" list, which represents the top 10 dividend yielding stocks in the Dow Jones Industrial Average at the beginning of the year. McDonald's Corp. (NYSE: MCD) is back on the list after a one-year hiatus and Hewlett-Packard (NYSE: HPQ) is new to the list.
- AT&T (NYSE: T): Price $33.71; Dividend Yield 5.34%. AT&T raised its quarterly dividend 2.3% to $0.45/share with its last announcement on 11/7. The dividend will be payable on February 1, 2013, to stockholders of record on January 10, 2013, with an ex-dividend date of January 8, 2013.
- Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE: VZ): Price $43.27; Dividend Yield 4.76%. Verizon raised its quarterly dividend 3% to $0.515/share with its September announcement.
- Intel Corporation (Nasdaq: INTC): Price $20.62; Dividend Yield 4.36%. Intel raised its quarterly dividend 7.1% to $0.225/share with its July announcement.
- Merck & Co. Inc. (NYSE: MRK): Price $40.94; Dividend Yield 4.20%. Merck raised its quarterly dividend 2.4% to $0.43/share with its November announcement.
- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE): Price $25.08; Dividend Yield 3.83%. Pfizer raised its quarterly dividend 9.1% to $0.24/share with its December announcement.
- DuPont (NYSE: DD): Price $44.98; Dividend Yield 3.82%. DuPont raised its quarterly dividend 4.9% to $0.43/share with its April announcement.
- Hewlett-Packard (NYSE: HPQ) Price $14.25; Dividend Yield 3.72% (*NEW). HP raised its quarterly dividend 10% to $0.132/share with its May announcement.
- General Electric (NYSE: GE): Price $20.99; Dividend Yield 3.62%. GE raised its quarterly dividend 11.8% to $0.19/share with its December announcement.
- McDonald's Corp. (NYSE: MCD): Price $88.21; Dividend Yield 3.49% (*NEW). McDonald's raised its quarterly dividend 10% to $0.77/share with its September announcement.
- Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ): Price $70.10; Dividend Yield 3.48%. Johnson & Johnson raised its quarterly dividend 7% to $0.61/share with its April announcement.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Wendy's (WEN) Declares $0.055 Quarterly Dividend; 2.2% Yield
- Ametek (AME) Declares $0.09 Quarterly Dividend; 0.7% Yield
- Oppenheimer Holdings (OPY) Declares $0.11 Quarterly Dividend; 1.8% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDividends, Insiders' Blog
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!