Meet Your 2013 Dogs of the Dow
- Number of FOMC Members Willing to Taper as Early as June Meeting
- Stocks Pull Back after Bernanke Says Worries About Financial Stability 'Increased a Bit'
- Is Sony (SNE) Thinking Change or Being Polite?
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 05/22: (CLNT) (MBND) (ZLC) Higher; (STP) (LDK) (FXEN) Lower
- Target Corp. (TGT) Misses Q1 Views, Issues Mixed Outlook
Below is the 2013 "Dogs of the Dow" list, which represents the top 10 dividend yielding stocks in the Dow Jones Industrial Average at the beginning of the year. McDonald's Corp. (NYSE: MCD) is back on the list after a one-year hiatus and Hewlett-Packard (NYSE: HPQ) is new to the list.
- AT&T (NYSE: T): Price $33.71; Dividend Yield 5.34%. AT&T raised its quarterly dividend 2.3% to $0.45/share with its last announcement on 11/7. The dividend will be payable on February 1, 2013, to stockholders of record on January 10, 2013, with an ex-dividend date of January 8, 2013.
- Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE: VZ): Price $43.27; Dividend Yield 4.76%. Verizon raised its quarterly dividend 3% to $0.515/share with its September announcement.
- Intel Corporation (Nasdaq: INTC): Price $20.62; Dividend Yield 4.36%. Intel raised its quarterly dividend 7.1% to $0.225/share with its July announcement.
- Merck & Co. Inc. (NYSE: MRK): Price $40.94; Dividend Yield 4.20%. Merck raised its quarterly dividend 2.4% to $0.43/share with its November announcement.
- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE): Price $25.08; Dividend Yield 3.83%. Pfizer raised its quarterly dividend 9.1% to $0.24/share with its December announcement.
- DuPont (NYSE: DD): Price $44.98; Dividend Yield 3.82%. DuPont raised its quarterly dividend 4.9% to $0.43/share with its April announcement.
- Hewlett-Packard (NYSE: HPQ) Price $14.25; Dividend Yield 3.72% (*NEW). HP raised its quarterly dividend 10% to $0.132/share with its May announcement.
- General Electric (NYSE: GE): Price $20.99; Dividend Yield 3.62%. GE raised its quarterly dividend 11.8% to $0.19/share with its December announcement.
- McDonald's Corp. (NYSE: MCD): Price $88.21; Dividend Yield 3.49% (*NEW). McDonald's raised its quarterly dividend 10% to $0.77/share with its September announcement.
- Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ): Price $70.10; Dividend Yield 3.48%. Johnson & Johnson raised its quarterly dividend 7% to $0.61/share with its April announcement.
Join StreetInsider.com FREE and get immediately alerted when news breaks on your stocks and other market items - JOIN NOW
*NEW - Download StreetInsider's FREE iPhone and iPad App - Click Here
You May Also Be Interested In
- NetApp (NTAP) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Boosts Buyback, Plans Job Cuts, Initiates Dividend
- Dry Bulkers on Watch as Diana Shipping (DSX) Swings to Q1 Loss (DRYS) (FREE)
- Apache Corp. (APA) Declares $0.20 Quarterly Dividend; 0.9% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDividends, Insiders' Blog
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!