Kroger (KR) Declares $0.12 Quarterly Dividend; Approves $500M Buyback Plan
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Kroger (NYSE: KR) declared a quarterly dividend of $0.12 per share, or $0.48 annualized.
The dividend will be payable on December 1, 2016, to stockholders of record on November 15, 2016, with an ex-dividend date of November 10, 2016.
The annual yield on the dividend is 1.6 percent.
Kroger today also announced an incremental $500 million share repurchase program, supplementing the current authorization, which has $392 million remaining as of September 14, 2016.
"Kroger's share repurchase authorization reflects our Board of Directors' confidence in our Customer 1st Strategy and our ability to create value for shareholders," said Rodney McMullen, Kroger's chairman and CEO. "We are committed to delivering long-term growth investors can count on."
In June, Kroger's Board raised the quarterly dividend by 14 percent. Kroger has delivered double-digit compound growth in its dividend since it was reinstated in 2006. The company continues to expect an increasing dividend over time.
Over the last four quarters, the company has returned more than $1.5 billion to shareholders through share buybacks and dividends combined.
For a dividend history and other dividend-related data on Kroger (KR) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Global Water Resources (GWRS) Declares $0.022 Monthly Dividend; Yields 3.5%
- Kimball Electronics (KE) Adds $20M to Stock Buyback Plan
- American Express (AXP) Announces 150M Common Stock Buyback; Quarterly Dividend Increased 10.3%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDividends, Management Comments, Stock Buybacks
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!