IBM (IBM) Declares $1.40 Quarterly Dividend; $3B Stock Buyback
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
- UPDATE: Fed Beige Book: Wages gain modestly in most areas amid tight job market
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
IBM (NYSE: IBM) declared a quarterly dividend of $1.40 per share, or $5.6 annualized. The dividend will be payable on December 10, 2016, to stockholders of record on November 10, 2016, with an ex-dividend date of November 8, 2016. The annual yield on the dividend is 3.7 percent.
The board today also authorized $3 billion in additional funds for use in the company’s stock repurchase program. IBM said it will repurchase shares on the open market or in private transactions from time to time, depending on market conditions.
This amount is in addition to approximately $3 billion remaining at the end of September 2016 from a prior authorization. With this new authorization, IBM will have approximately $6 billion for its stock repurchase program.
Ginni Rometty, IBM chairman, president and chief executive officer said, "IBM continues to invest in our business for long-term growth, and the company has already invested more than $12 billion in the first three quarters of 2016 to build higher-value offerings. At the same time we remain committed to returning capital to shareholders through both dividends and share repurchase."
For a dividend history and other dividend-related data on IBM (IBM) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Phillips 66 Partners (PSXP) Raises Quarterly Dividend 5.1% to $0.558; 4.3% Yield
- EQT Corp. (EQT) Declares $0.03 Quarterly Dividend; 0.2% Yield
- CIT Group (CIT) Declares $0.15 Quarterly Dividend; 1.4% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDividends, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesDividend, Stock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!