Hartford Financial (HIG) Plans $1.2B Special Dividend
- Top 10 News for 12/02 - 12/06: Facebook Snubbed Again; Bitcoin Mania!; New Deal for Apple?
- U.S. Adds Jobs at Higher Clip in November, Unemployment Rate Falls to 7%
- Bitcoin Crashes 21%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/06: (MBLX) (VIFL) (BLDP) Higher; (RALY) (ULTA) (SEAC) Lower
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Files to Spin-Off Lands' End Unit
Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: HIG) as reviewed with the Connecticut Insurance Department its capital management plans and that it has received approval from the Department for a $1.2 billion extraordinary dividend from its Connecticut domiciled life insurance companies. In addition, it expects to dissolve the company's Vermont life reinsurance captive and return approximately $300 million of surplus to the holding company. These actions are expected to be completed by the end of the first quarter of 2013.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amerco, Inc. (UHAL) Declares $1.00 Special Dividend; 0.4% Yield
- Tri-Continental Corp. (TY) Declares $0.1625 Quarterly Dividend; 3.3% Yield
- Bunge Limited (BG) Declares $0.30 Quarterly Dividend; 1.5% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDividends, Special Dividends
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!