Hartford Financial (HIG) Plans $1.2B Special Dividend
- Men's Wearhouse (MW) to Acquire Jos. A. Bank (JOSB) for $65/Share Cash
- Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. (DKS) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS; Issues Mixed Q1, FY14 Outlook
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 3/11: (LJPC) (BYD) (FCEL) Higher; (FTEK) (RTK) (MYGN) Lower (more...)
- FINRA Says Bitcoin is 'More than a Bit Risky'
- Cohen's SAC Capital to Take on New Name in April
Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: HIG) as reviewed with the Connecticut Insurance Department its capital management plans and that it has received approval from the Department for a $1.2 billion extraordinary dividend from its Connecticut domiciled life insurance companies. In addition, it expects to dissolve the company's Vermont life reinsurance captive and return approximately $300 million of surplus to the holding company. These actions are expected to be completed by the end of the first quarter of 2013.
You May Also Be Interested In
- SunCoke Energy Partners (SXCP) Plans Distribution Increase; Updates on SunCoke Dropdown
- American Vanguard (AVD) Declares $0.05 Quarterly Dividend; 0.9% Yield
- EXCO Resources (XCO) Declares $0.05 Quarterly Dividend; 3.8% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDividends, Special Dividends
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!