Hartford Financial (HIG) Plans $1.2B Special Dividend
- SABMiller Rejects GBP 42.15/Share Offer From AB InBev SA (BUD)
- Wall St. turns negative as oil rally fades, tech stocks drag
- Yum! Brands (YUM) Misses Q3 EPS by 7c; Cuts FY15 EPS Growth Outlook
- Prince Alwalled Bin Talal Shows New 5.17% Stake in Twitter, Inc. (TWTR)
- General Electric (GE) Announces New Energy Company: Current
Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: HIG) as reviewed with the Connecticut Insurance Department its capital management plans and that it has received approval from the Department for a $1.2 billion extraordinary dividend from its Connecticut domiciled life insurance companies. In addition, it expects to dissolve the company's Vermont life reinsurance captive and return approximately $300 million of surplus to the holding company. These actions are expected to be completed by the end of the first quarter of 2013.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LINN Energy (LINE) and LinnCo (LNCO) Suspend Distribution, Dividend
- Brookfield Asset Management (BAM) Will Spin ~35% of Brookfield Business Partners
- Ingersoll-Rand (IR) Declares $0.29 Quarterly Dividend; 2.2% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDividends, Special Dividends
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!