American Financial Group (AFG) Raises Dividend by 12%
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
American Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: AFG) announced that its Board of Directors has approved an increase in the Company’s regular annual dividend from $1.12 to $1.25 per share of common stock. The increased dividend, when declared, will be paid on a quarterly basis of $0.3125 per share of common stock beginning in October 2016. The new dividend rate represents a 12% increase over the annual rate paid thus far in 2016. The Company has increased its dividend in each of the last eleven years.
Carl Lindner III and Craig Lindner, AFG’s Co-Chief Executive Officers, issued this joint statement: “We are pleased to announce this increase in AFG’s annual dividend paid to shareholders. This increase reflects our confidence in the Company’s financial condition, liquidity, and prospects for long-term growth. Returning excess capital to shareholders through dividends is a key component of our capital management strategy. AFG’s five-year compounded annual growth rate in dividends is approximately 12%.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Holly Energy Partners, L.P. (HEP) Raises Quarterly Dividend 1.7% to $0.595; 7.1% Yield
- Permian Basin Royalty Trust (PBT) Declares $0.047121 Monthly Dividend; 7.9% Yield
- Hugoton Royalty Trust (HGT) Declares $0.009194 Monthly Dividend; 4.1% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDividend Hike, Dividends
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!