American Express (AXP) Announces 150M Common Stock Buyback; Quarterly Dividend Increased 10.3%
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
American Express (NYSE: AXP) declared a quarterly dividend of $0.32 per share, or $1.28 annualized. This is a 10.3% increase from the prior dividend of $0.29. The dividend will be payable on November 10, 2016, to stockholders of record on October 7, 2016, with an ex-dividend date of October 5, 2016. The annual yield on the dividend is 2 percent.
The board of directors also approved the repurchase of up to 150 million common shares, from time to time, subject to market conditions and the Federal Reserve’s non-objection of the company’s capital plans. This authorization replaces the prior 150 million share repurchase program that had approximately 50 million shares of common stock remaining under board authorization.
For a dividend history and other dividend-related data on American Express (AXP) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AptarGroup (ATR) Hikes Qtr. Dividend to 32c/Share; Approves $50M Stock Buyback
- Pinnacle West Capital (PNW) Raises Quarterly Dividend 4.8% to $0.655; 3.5% Yield
- Sensient Technologies (SXT) Raises Quarterly Dividend 11.1% to $0.30; 1.7% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDividend Hike, Dividends, Hot Buybacks, Hot Dividends, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesDividend, Stock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!