American Express (AXP) Announces 150M Common Stock Buyback; Quarterly Dividend Increased 10.3%
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
American Express (NYSE: AXP) declared a quarterly dividend of $0.32 per share, or $1.28 annualized. This is a 10.3% increase from the prior dividend of $0.29. The dividend will be payable on November 10, 2016, to stockholders of record on October 7, 2016, with an ex-dividend date of October 5, 2016. The annual yield on the dividend is 2 percent.
The board of directors also approved the repurchase of up to 150 million common shares, from time to time, subject to market conditions and the Federal Reserve’s non-objection of the company’s capital plans. This authorization replaces the prior 150 million share repurchase program that had approximately 50 million shares of common stock remaining under board authorization.
For a dividend history and other dividend-related data on American Express (AXP) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Abaxis (ABAX) Raises Quarterly Dividend 16.7% to $0.14; 1.2% Yield
- Matson (MATX) Declares $0.19 Quarterly Dividend; 1.9% Yield
- Newmarket (NEU) Declares $1.60 Quarterly Dividend; 1.6% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesDividend Hike, Dividends, Hot Buybacks, Hot Dividends, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesDividend, Stock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!