Vornado Realty Trust (VNO) Ratings Placed on CreditWatch Negative by S&P
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
S&P Global Ratings placed all of its ratings on Vornado Realty Trust (NYSE: VNO) on CreditWatch with negative implications.
"The CreditWatch placement follows Vornado's announcement that it has entered a definitive agreement to spin-off its Washington, D.C., business segment and merge it with the management business and select properties managed by JBG. The tax-free spin-off is expected to close in the second quarter of 2017," said credit analyst Anita Ogbara. "The CreditWatch placement reflects our view of the possible impact of Vornado's reduced geographic diversity pro forma for separation of the D.C. assets. Following the spin-off, Vornado will be geographically concentrated, generating almost 90% of its EBITDA from high-quality office and retail assets in New York City. In early 2015, Vornado spun-off its strip mall assets into Urban Edge Properties and distributed its value to its shareholders."
We will meet with management to discuss the company's competitive position, diversity, operating performance, and profitability pro forma for the spin-off the company's and will resolve the CreditWatch placement after we have completed our review of the spinoff's impact on Vornado's credit profile. Subject to progress on the spin-off and visibility into successful completion, this could occur in the next 90 days. Our initial view is that we could either lower our corporate credit rating on the company by one notch or affirm the current rating.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Eli Lilly (LLY) to Acquire CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) for $960M
- IPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures (VXX) down 9c to 21.23
- Vornado Realty Trust (VNO) Declares $0.71 Quarterly Dividend; 2.7% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCredit Ratings
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!