S&P Revises Ratings Watch Implications for CST Brands (CST) to Positive Amid M&A Deal
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- SAP (SAP) Q4 IFRS Revenues Rises 7%, Boosts 2020 Outlook
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
S&P Global Ratings revised the CreditWatch implications on CST Brands Inc. (NYSE: CST) to positive from developing. The corporate credit rating remains 'BB'.
"The CreditWatch revision follows CST Brands' announcement that it has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by its Canadian-based peer Alimentation Couche-Tard (see our research update, "Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc. Outlook To Stable From Positive On Merger Plan With CST Brands Inc.; Affirmed At 'BBB'", Aug. 22, 2016). The estimated transaction value is $4.4 billion, which we understand include the assumption of debt. Both companies expect the transaction to close by early calendar year 2017," said credit analyst Andy Sookram.
Upon availability of transaction details, we will review the ratings for upgrade potential. The magnitude of ratings uplift would depend on a number of items including whether any material amounts of outstanding debt remains in place at CST Brands and Alimentation Couche-Tard provides any credit enhancement, as well as our view of the importance of CST Brands in the combined entity.
If all of CST Brands' debt is assumed by Alimentation Couche-Tard or fully repaid at transaction closing, we could withdraw our ratings on the company while on CreditWatch.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Targa Resources (TRGP) to Pay $565M to Acquire Delaware and Midland Basin Assets
- Baird Upgrades Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD) to Outperform
- Cowen On Lam Research (LRCX): Street Seems Asleep At The Wheel, Expect Strong Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCredit Ratings
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!