S&P Places Zayo Group (ZAYO) on CreditWatch Positive
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
S&P Global Ratings placed its 'B' corporate credit rating on Zayo Group LLC on CreditWatch with positive implications.
The CreditWatch follows the announcement that Zayo has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Electric Lightwave (formerly Integra), a facilities-based provider of communications services, for $1.42 billion. The transaction is projected to close in early 2017. In our view, the acquisition will further increase the scale of the company's fiber network, and generate meaningful cost synergies. We also believe that Zayo is well positioned to take advantage of increasing demand for bandwidth from both carrier and enterprise customers for the foreseeable future.
We plan to resolve the credit watch placement in the coming months following a meeting with management to discuss strategic implications of the acquisition, the new capital structure going forward, and the company's financial policy. We could raise the rating by one-notch if we feel the improvement in the business is enough to offset modest increase in leverage.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Liberty Mutual to Acquire Ironshore from Fosun for ~$3 Billion
- Caesars Entertainment (CZR), CEOC Receive Strong Creditor Support for CEOC Reorganization Plan
- Parallax Achieves Major Milestone With License to Serve Medicare Part B Patients Through its RoxSan Subsidiary, Across 42 States.
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCredit Ratings
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!