S&P Places Suncoke Energy (SXC) Ratings on Review for Upgrade
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
S&P Global Ratings said it placed its ratings, including the 'B' corporate credit rating, on SunCoke Energy Inc. (NYSE: SXC) on CreditWatch with positive implications.
The CreditWatch placement follows SXC's announcement that it plans to acquire all outstanding units of SXCP, its MLP. SXC already owns approximately 54% of the outstanding MLP units and 2% of the GP stake.
SXC operates five coke making facilities in the U.S. and one facility in Brazil. It also provides metallurgical and thermal coal handling and blending services through its coal logistic business.
"The CreditWatch designation with positive implications indicates our expectation that we will be in a position to incorporate the implications of the announcement into our rating within the next 90 days," said S&P Global Ratings credit analyst Vania Dimova. "Furthermore, it indicates that, in our view, there is at least a 50% chance of an upgrade at the time of the rating resolution."
We will raise the rating once we have considered the transaction details and feel that a successful transaction is imminent. The upgrade would be based primarily on consolidated credit measures that are indicative of a higher rating for SXC, as well as increased flexibility with regard to SXCP operations, including lower distribution requirements, that we view would improve credit quality.
The rating could remain unchanged if we feel that the transaction could be materially changed, delayed, or canceled.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) to Pay $100M to Settle FTC, State Charges for Violating Antitrust Laws
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $120 at Aegis Capital Following Solid 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCredit Ratings
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!