S&P Places Frontier Communications (FTR) Ratings on CreditWatch Negative
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
S&P Global Ratings today said it placed its ratings on Frontier Communications Corp. (Nasdaq: FTR), including the 'BB-' corporate credit rating, on CreditWatch with negative implications.
"The CreditWatch placement reflects a trend of weak operating and financial performance primarily due to lower revenue from the acquired Verizon properties in California, Texas, and Florida," said S&P Global Ratings credit analyst Scott Tan.
We expect to resolve the CreditWatch placement over the next few months, after assessing the company's ability to reverse its weak financial performance, including its strategy to reduce churn and drive broadband and video customer growth, while improving margins and free operating cash flow generation, the latter of which is particularly important given its large common dividend.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Barclays Upgrades Southwestern Energy (SWN) to Equalweight
- Mercury Computer (MRCY) PT Raised to $30 at Jefferies Following 2Q Report
- Sanchez Energy (SN) PT Raised to $16 at FBR Capital; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCredit Ratings
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!