S&P Places AEP Industries (AEPI) Ratings on CreditWatch Positive Amid Merger Agreement
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
S&P Global Ratings said that it has placed all of its ratings on AEP Industries Inc. (Nasdaq: AEPI), including our 'B' corporate credit rating, on CreditWatch with positive implications.
"AEP Industries Inc. is a North American-based manufacturer of flexible plastic packaging films," said S&P Global credit analyst Daniel Lee. "The CreditWatch placement follows AEP's announcement that it has agreed to be acquired by Berry Plastics Group, a global leader in the rigid and flexible packaging space." We could potentially raise our ratings on AEP by more than one notch if the transaction closes as we expect, given that we currently have a 'BB-' corporate credit rating on Berry Plastics.
We expect to update the CreditWatch placement over the next 90 days following the close of the acquisition, which is expected to occur by the end of December 2016. We expect to raise our corporate credit and issue-level ratings on AEP Industries by multiple notches if the transaction closes as currently outlined. However, we also expect to subsequently withdraw our ratings on AEP because we anticipate that all of its outstanding rated debt will be redeemed at the close of the transaction.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Barclays Upgrades Southwestern Energy (SWN) to Equalweight
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. (BMY) PT Lowered to $47 at BMO Capital; See Much Uncertainty and Increased Risk
- Fura Strengthens Management Team With the Appointment of Dev Shetty as President and CEO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCredit Ratings
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!