S&P Lowers Outlook on Brown-Forman (BF-A) to Negative; Ratings Affirmed
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
S&P Global Ratings affirmed its ratings on Brown-Forman Corp. (NYSE: BF-A), including our 'A-' long-term corporate credit and 'A-2' short-term corporate credit ratings. We also revised our outlook to negative from stable.
"The negative outlook reflects our belief that leverage is likely to remain in the low-2x area because of higher debt levels likely to fund additional share repurchases under its current authorization, and the possibility that the company could authorize and execute another sizable share repurchase for fiscal 2018, further raising leverage," said S&P Global Ratings credit analyst Stephanie Harter.
S&P Global Ratings could lower the ratings on Brown-Forman if leverage increases closer to 3x. We could revise the outlook to stable if the company materially reduces the level of share repurchases and sustains debt to EBITDA near or below 2.5x.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- S&P Upgrades Mid-America Apartment (MAA) to 'BBB+' Amid Completed Merger; Outlook Stable
- Pfizer (PFE) Ratings, Outlook Affirmed by S&P Following Recent Review
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCredit Ratings
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!