S&P Lifts Outlook on Vale S.A. (VALE) to Stable; Ratings Affirmed
- Wall Street drops as banks, health stocks weigh
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/17: (FWP) (CLSN) (GEVO) Higher; (ADHD) (CBK) (UEC) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
S&P Global revised its outlook on our global and national scale ratings on Vale S.A. (NYSE: VALE) to stable from negative. We also affirmed our 'BBB-' global scale corporate credit ratings and issue-level ratings on bonds issued through Vale Canada Ltd., Vale Overseas Ltd., and PT Vale Indonesia Tbk. At the same time, we affirmed our 'brAAA' Brazilian national scale ratings on Vale.
We have just revised upwards our price curve assumptions for iron ore, nickel, and gold (please see "S&P Global Ratings Revises Its Price Assumptions For Iron Ore, Gold, Zinc, And Aluminum", published Aug. 26, 2016).
The higher prices are yielding incremental cash flows for Vale, which help alleviate the pressure on its cash flows and leverage ratios stemming from its aggressive investment plan. In this scenario, the need for Vale to divest its assets to avoid debt from rising, in our opinion, is less necessary than before, at least from a ratings perspective. We still believe market conditions may weaken in the next year or so, because we assume prices to soften. However, our revised estimates suggest that Vale will increase its operating cash generation by around $2 billion in 2016, higher than our previous estimates, while maintaining cash levels close to $3 billion by year-end, which would make the company more resilient to downturn scenarios.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Upgrades American Express (AXP) to Overweight
- FBR Capital Remains Bullish on JPMorgan (JPM) Following 4Q EPS Beat
- IPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures (VXX) up 29c to 21.71
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCredit Ratings
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!