S&P Downgrades Stone Energy (SGY) to 'D'
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
S&P Global Ratings lowered its corporate credit rating on Stone Energy Corp. (NYSE: SGY) to 'D' from 'CC'.
At the same time, we lowered our issue-level rating on the company's senior unsecured debt to 'D' from 'CC'. The recovery rating is '3', indicating our expectation of meaningful (low end of the 50% to 70% range) recovery in the event of a payment default.
"The 'D' rating reflects our expectation that Stone Energy will elect to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection rather than make the November interest payment on its 7.5% senior unsecured notes due 2022," said S&P Global Ratings credit analyst David Lagasse.
The company had previously announced Oct. 21, 2016, that it entered into a restructuring support agreement with certain holders of its unsecured notes and that the company expects to file for voluntary relief under Chapter 11 on or before Dec. 9, 2016. We expect Stone's onerous debt maturities and financing costs through 2017, combined with continued weak crude oil and natural gas prices, will result in Stone reorganizing under Chapter 11 protection as a means to restructure its heavy debt and interest expense obligations.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stone Energy (SGY): Thomas Satterfield Files 13D Showing 9.9% Stake, Challenges Restructuring Plan
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCredit Ratings
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Crude Oil, Bankruptcy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!