S&P Downgrades Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) to 'D' Following Missed Interest Payment
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
S&P Global Ratings lowered its corporate credit rating on Bonanza Creek Energy Inc. (NYSE: BCEI) to 'D' from 'CC'.
At the same time, we lowered our issue-level ratings on the company's senior unsecured notes to 'D' from 'CC'. The recovery rating on the senior unsecured notes remains '6', indicating our expectation of negligible (0% to 10%) recovery in the event of a payment default.
"The downgrade follows Bonanza Creek's announcement that it elected not to make the Oct. 15, 2016 interest payment on the 6.75% senior unsecured notes due 2021," said S&P Global Ratings credit analyst Daniel Krauss.
We will look to withdraw the ratings on Bonanza Creek if it does not make the interest payment within the 30-day grace period, or will raise the ratings from 'D' if it makes the payment within the grace period and we continue to receive timely information from the company.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- IPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures (VXX) down 15c to 21.29
- Wedbush Upgrades Tractor Supply Company (TSCO) to Outperform; Signs of Inflection
- Pandora (P): Preannouncement Is Substantial Surprise - FBR
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCredit Ratings
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!