S&P Downgrades Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) to 'D' Amid Missed Interest Payment
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
S&P Global Ratings today lowered its corporate credit rating on Bonanza Creek Energy Inc. (NYSE: BCEI) to 'D' from 'CCC'.
At the same time, we lowered our issue-level ratings on the company's senior unsecured notes to 'D' from 'CC'. The recovery rating on the senior unsecured notes remains '6', indicating our expectation of negligible (0% to 10%) recovery in the event of a payment default.
The downgrade follows Bonanza Creek's announcement that it elected not to make the Aug. 1, 2016 interest payment on the 5.75% senior unsecured notes due 2023. We do not expect the company to make this interest payment before the end of the 30-day grace period and we do not envision additional interest payments on the remaining debt.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) Announces Receipt of Continued Listing Standard Notice from NYSE
- S&P Assigns 'BB' Corp. Rating to Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA); Outlook is Stable
- S&P Downgrades Carpenter Technology (CRS) to 'BBB-'; Outlook is Negative
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCredit Ratings
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!