S&P Assigns 'BB-' Rating to Winnebago Industries (WGO); Outlook Positive
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
S&P Global Ratings said it assigned its 'BB-' corporate credit rating to Winnebago Industries Inc. (NYSE: WGO). The rating outlook is positive.
In addition, we assigned a 'BB-' issue-level rating and '3' recovery rating to the company's proposed $300 million senior secured first-lien term loan due 2023. The '3' recovery rating indicates our expectation for meaningful (50% to 70%; upper half of range) recovery for lenders in the event of a payment default.
The company will use the proceeds from the proposed credit facilities, along with common stock and cash from the balance sheet, to fund the acquisition of Grand Design, which is expected to close in the first quarter of fiscal 2017 ending November 2016.
"The rating on Winnebago primarily reflects our anticipation for high profit volatility over the economic cycle, limited revenue diversification, a relatively low EBITDA margin, and small scale compared to other rated leisure companies," said S&P Global Ratings credit analyst Daniel Pianki.
Partly offsetting these risk factors are a relatively moderate level of leverage, an iconic brand, and a low fixed cost base compared to other leisure goods manufacturers.
The positive outlook reflects our expectation for good operating performance at Winnebago and continued rapid growth at Grand Design, allowing the company to reduce its leverage over the next year using free cash flow for debt repayment.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Moody's Assigns 'Ba3' Rating to Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA); Outlook Stable
- Seaport Global Securities Starts WGL Holdings (WGL) at Neutral
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCredit Ratings
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!