S&P Affirms Ratings on HollyFrontier (HFC) Amid Move to Acquire Suncor Assets
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
S&P Global Ratings said that it affirmed its 'BBB-' corporate credit rating on HollyFrontier Corp. (NYSE: HFC). The outlook is stable.
"The stable outlook reflects our belief that the company will successfully execute the acquisition and finance it in a manner that will result in consolidated leverage of about 1.5x under midcycle conditions and about 2.5x in a trough and recognizes that both its EBITDA and refining margins can be highly volatile," said S&P Global Ratings credit analyst Michael Grande. "We also expect HollyFrontier to maintain ample liquidity, including a sizable cash position, during periods of weak refining margins."
We could lower our ratings on HollyFrontier if it experiences operational difficulties, undertakes a leveraging transaction, or pursues less conservative financial policies or if we believe that the company's historical profitability will become less sustainable.
Given its current business mix, if the company's consolidated leverage approached 3x on a sustained basis, we could lower our ratings.
Given our assessment of HollyFrontier's business risk and its industry's inherent volatility, we currently view an upgrade as unlikely without increased scale and asset diversity while maintaining similar consolidated credit measures and consolidated leverage of less than 2.5x throughout the refining cycle.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades HollyFrontier (HFC) to Outperform
- S&P Upgrades Mid-America Apartment (MAA) to 'BBB+' Amid Completed Merger; Outlook Stable
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCredit Ratings
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!