S&P Affirms Ratings, Outlook on Windstream (WIN) Amid EarthLink Acquisition
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
S&P Global Ratings today said it affirmed its 'B+' corporate credit rating on Windstream Holdings Inc. The outlook is stable.
At the same time, we affirmed our 'BB' issue-level rating on the senior secured debt at Windstream Services LLC. The '1' recovery rating on this debt indicates our expectation for very high (90%-100%) recovery of principal in the event of a payment default.
We also affirmed the 'B+' issue level rating the company's senior unsecured debt. The recovery rating on this debt is '4', which indicates our expectation for average (30%-50%, at the lower half of the range) recovery of principal in the event of a payment default.
"The rating affirmation reflects our view that, despite the modest improvement in leverage pro forma the acquisition, we view the combined business less favorably given EarthLink's competitive local exchange carrier (CLEC) and declining consumer dial-up Internet business," said S&P Global Ratings credit analyst Scott Tan.
Additionally, EarthLink's adjusted EBITDA margins are very low, in the low-20% area.
The rating outlook is stable and reflects our expectation that leverage for the combined business will remain around 5x with modest levels of discretionary cash flow over the next 12 months despite our expectation for revenue declines and some margin pressure.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Moody's Assigns 'Ba3' Rating to Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA); Outlook Stable
- S&P Places Ingram Micro (IM) Ratings on CreditWatch Negative
- Moody's Lowers Outlook on Zayo Group (ZAYO) to Stable; Ratings Affirmed
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCredit Ratings
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!