Mylan's (MYL) Acqusition of Certain Abbott (ABT) Assets is Credit-Positive Development - Moody's
- Top 10 News for 11/17 - 11/21: Halliburton's Big Buy; Japan Back in Recession; China Cuts Key Rate
- China Cuts Benchmark Rate Amid Weaknening Growth Prospects; Markets React (FXI)
- Dow Chemical (DOW), Third Point Enter Agreement; Four New Independent Directors Added
- Large Cut from OPEC Would Be 'Self-Negating', Says Goldman Sachs
- UPDATE: Volkswagen AG (VLKAY) Will Invest EUR 85.6B Over Next 5Y in Auto Ops - Bloomberg
Moody's Investors Service commented that Mylan's (Nadaq: MYL) acquisition of a portion of the international established products business from Abbott Laboratories (NYSE: ABT) is credit positive because it will enhance Mylan's scale and diversity while reducing leverage and improving cash flows. However, we expect that Mylan will continue to actively pursue acquisitions which will likely be funded -- at least partly -- with debt. There is no change to Mylan's Baa3 rating or stable outlook. Please go to www.moodys.com for our full Issuer Comment.
The principal methodology used in this rating was Global Pharmaceutical Industry published in December 2012. Please see the Credit Policy page on www.moodys.com for a copy of this methodology.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Moody's Revises Outlook on Valeant Pharma (VRX) to Stable; Affirms Ratings
- Splunk (SPLK) PT Raised to $84 at Summit Research
- S&P Raises Enbridge Energy Partners (EEP) to 'BBB+'; Reflects Revised Criteria, Support from Parent