Mylan's (MYL) Acqusition of Certain Abbott (ABT) Assets is Credit-Positive Development - Moody's
- Market Wrap: Revised Q2 GDP Ramps Higher; Telecom Italia Makes Run at Vivendi's GVT; Apple Affirms Sept. Event
- After-Hours Stock Movers 8/28: (UEPS) (VEEV) (SPLK) Higher; (ZOES) Lower (more...)
- Personal Consumption, Private Investment Boost Revised Q2 GDP Results (SPY) (DIA) (QQQ)
- Omnivision (OVTI) Tops Q1 EPS by 39c; Issues Confident Q2 Outlook
- Markets Nervous as Russia/Ukraine War Games Heat Up
Moody's Investors Service commented that Mylan's (Nadaq: MYL) acquisition of a portion of the international established products business from Abbott Laboratories (NYSE: ABT) is credit positive because it will enhance Mylan's scale and diversity while reducing leverage and improving cash flows. However, we expect that Mylan will continue to actively pursue acquisitions which will likely be funded -- at least partly -- with debt. There is no change to Mylan's Baa3 rating or stable outlook. Please go to www.moodys.com for our full Issuer Comment.
The principal methodology used in this rating was Global Pharmaceutical Industry published in December 2012. Please see the Credit Policy page on www.moodys.com for a copy of this methodology.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mylan (MYL) Files ANDA for Generic Copaxone 40-mg/mL Injection
- Signet Jewelers (SIG) PT Lifted to $135 at Sterne Agee on Solid Q2, Increased Synergies, Lowers Taxes
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Downgrades Darden Restaurants (DRI) to Underperform (Earlier)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCredit Ratings
Related EntitiesMoody's Investors Service, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!