Moody's Sees Target (TGT) CEO Departure as Credit-Negative Event
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall Street, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (CXRX) (CERC) Higher; (SGY) (MBRX) (STS) Lower
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
In a release published earlier today, and available on Moodys.com. Moody's Investors Service stated that the sudden departure of Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, and President Gregg Steinhafel was a credit negative, though no action will be taken on the A2/Prime-1 ratings or the stable outlook at this time. "We believe this to be a very inopportune time for a change at the top of Target given the challenges the company is facing on multiple fronts, namely the credit card breach and its potential fallout, a sluggish start to its Canadian expansion, and a difficult operating environment in its core US market," stated Moody's Vice President Charlie O'Shea. "While we are taking no rating action at this time, in the event the search for a replacement is protracted, or if during this process there are indications of any changes in strategy or financial policy, or if operating performance deteriorates, negative rating pressure would occur, with an outlook change to negative a likely outcome. Further, if as a result of the search process or the ultimate hiring decision key incumbent executives part ways with the company, negative pressure could result as well. We also note that while the lack of seamless transition to a permanent replacement is not optimal from a corporate governance perspective, we recognize the search for both internal and external candidates is an indication that Target's board is endeavoring to ensure that the best candidate for the position is identified and hired."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Genesee & Wyoming (GWR) Ratings Affirmed at Moody's Amid Planned Glencore Acquisition
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCredit Ratings
Related EntitiesMoody's Investors Service
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!