Moody's Places 'B1' Rating on Netflix's (NFLX) Latest Unsecured Debt Offering
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Moody's Investors Service assigned a B1 (LGD4) rating to Netflix, Inc.'s (NASDAQ: NFLX) new senior unsecured bonds of benchmark size.
Proceeds from the issuance will be used for general corporate purposes and to finance the company's business plan, including increasing investments in original programming and expansion in new international territories. The new senior unsecured notes will rank pari passu with the company's existing unsecured debt and non-debt obligations at Netflix's operating subsidiaries. We estimate that pro forma for the new notes issuance, debt-to-EBITDA (incorporating Moody's standard adjustments) as of 09/30/2016 will be in the 9.5x -- 10x range, which exceeds our 6.0x sustained leverage threshold for the B1 rating. However, based on the company's solid growth trajectory supported by consistent subscriber gains and expectations for positive contributions from international markets in the next couple of years, we anticipate that leverage will decline rapidly (starting in 2017) to well under 5.0x by the end of 2018 and the company will be strongly positioned in its rating category. As a result, the uptick in gross debt and adjusted leverage following the new bonds issuance will not impact the company's B1 Corporate Family rating, Ba3-PD Probability of Default Rating or its B1 senior unsecured debt rating. The SGL-1 Speculative Grade Liquidity rating remains unchanged. The rating outlook is stable.
The principal methodology used in this rating was Business and Consumer Service Industry published in October 2016. Please see the Rating Methodologies page on www.moodys.com for a copy of this methodology.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Netflix (NFLX) to Buy, Positive On "Moats Around Content"
- Morgan Stanley Remains Bullish On Netflix, Challenges Consensus View Of US/International Net-Adds
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Gains on More Takeover Rumors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCredit Ratings
Related EntitiesMoody's Investors Service
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!