Danaher's (DHR) Acquisition of Cepheid is Credit-Negative Development - Moody's
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Moody's Investors Service said that the planned $4 billion, debt-funded acquisition of Cepheid (NASDAQ: CPHD)(unrated) by Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR) is credit negative but its A2 rating is unaffected. For further information, please see www.moodys.com.
Moody's considers this acquisition a credit negative investment because of a very high purchase multiple funded entirely with debt. Its ratings and stable outlook of Danaher are unaffected because of Danaher's credit metrics and expected annual free cash flow of about $2.3 billion provide the ability to make large investments like this one that enhance its business profile. The company's strong track record of successfully integrating acquisitions is also supportive.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Deutsche Bank Starts Danaher (DHR) at Buy
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) to Pay $100M to Settle FTC, State Charges for Violating Antitrust Laws
- J.G. Wentworth Home Lending™ Named Finalist for 2017 Ellie Mae® Hall of Fame Awards
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCredit Ratings
Related EntitiesMoody's Investors Service, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!