pSivida (PSDV) Completes Enrollment of Second Medidur Phase 3
- Wall St. slips as countdown to Trump's swearing-in begins
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
- CP's (CP) Outgoing CEO Hunter Harrison, Activist Paul Hilal Said Set to Target CSX Corp. (CSX)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
pSivida Corp. (Nasdaq: PSDV) announced that its second Phase 3 trial of Medidur in chronic, non-infectious posterior segment uveitis met its target enrollment of 150 patients. The trial is being conducted in clinical sites in India, with the same study design and endpoints as the first Phase 3 trial conducted in the US, EU and India. The results of both Phase 3 trials will support US product registration, with NDA submission planned for the second half of 2017. Filing for EU registration remains on track for the first calendar quarter of 2017.
“We are very pleased that the second Phase 3 trial of Medidur in posterior segment uveitis has met its patient enrollment goal on target and as expected,” said Nancy Lurker, President and CEO of pSivida Corp. “Both Phase 3 trials are generating efficacy and safety data critical to regulatory filings in support of product registration. Reaching today’s milestone brings us a step closer to making Medidur available to thousands of patients battling with recurrent episodes of ocular inflammation and the prospect of losing vision irreversibly.”
This first Medidur trial met the primary efficacy endpoint of prevention of recurrence of posterior segment uveitis at six months in December 2015. Primary efficacy endpoint readout in the second study is expected in the second half of 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Summit Hotel Properties (INN) Appoints Daniel Hansen as Chairman of the Board
- W.R. Berkley (WRB) Appoints Mir Mazhar to CPO
- Anavex Life Sciences (AVXL) Receives 600K Grant to Commence Phase 2 Trial in 2017
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTwitter, Dividend
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!