iPass (IPAS) Announces Expanded Partnership with Deutsche Telekom for Inflight Wi-Fi
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
iPass Inc. (NASDAQ: IPAS) announced that it has extended the term of its partnership with Deutsche Telekom AG to offer inflight Wi-Fi access to iPass customers on 12 international airlines. The new three-year agreement will make iPass available on 330 long-haul aircraft.
With this partnership iPass will be available to passengers on airlines including Lufthansa, Aer Lingus, Etihad and American Airlines. The agreement further builds on iPass' existing relationship with Deutsche Telekom, which has more than 30,000 hotspots in Germany that are part of the iPass global network.
"We are delighted to extend our partnership with Deutsche Telekom, and this a further endorsement of the value we offer service providers," said Patricia Hume, chief commercial officer at iPass. "This reaffirms iPass' commitment to providing unlimited and everywhere Wi-Fi access to our customers by extending our footprint across major airlines. We look forward to be working with Deutsche Telekom on further inflight opportunities in the future."
"Our continued partnership with iPass helps our airline customers to stay connected easily," said David Fox, Vice President In-Flight at Deutsche Telekom. "Inflight Wi-Fi continues to enjoy strong growth in usage, therefore seamless and convenient internet access is essential to delivering a superior customer experience to this ever-growing audience."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GATX Corp. (GATX) Adds Ryan Specialty Group's Aigotti as Director
- Oceaneering (OII) Receives Two-Year FSVS Contract Extension from BP (BP) Unit for Offshore Angola Work
- St. Jude Medical (STJ) Announces FDA Approval, U.S. Launch of Medical Device to Reduce Risk of Recurrent Ischemic Stroke in Patients with PFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!