hhgregg (HGG) Stores Will be Closed on Thanksgiving Day
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
hhgregg (NYSE: HGG) announced that all of its 220 brick-and-mortar stores will be closed on Thanksgiving this year. With this news, hhgregg takes a leadership role in the electronics industry, becoming the first major electronics retailer to announce Thanksgiving Day closure.
“We stand behind our core values and beliefs of being a family-first company,” said Bob Riesbeck, President and CEO of hhgregg. “It’s important to us that our associates are able to be home with their families on Thanksgiving, and we are encouraging our customers to do the same – knowing great deals will be available online, on Black Friday and through the weekend.”
hhgregg’s holiday hours:
- Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Thanksgiving: CLOSED – visit hhgregg.com
- Black Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
With business trends in the last decade resulting in earlier holiday shopping, hhgregg is drawing a line in the sand. “We continue to see a shift in the market place and feel it’s time for electronics industry leaders to take charge and move the shift back, in order to give associates, and people in general, more quality time with family and friends,” added Chris Sutton, SVP of Marketing.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- OncoGenex Pharma (OGXI) Announces Strong Survival Data from Apatorsen Phase 2 in MBC
- Ballard Power (BLDP) Closes China JV Transaction with Synergy; Receives Initial Payments
- PRGX Global (PRGX) to Acquire SaaS P2P SIM Service Provider Lavante
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!