hhgregg (HGG) Stores Will be Closed on Thanksgiving Day
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
hhgregg (NYSE: HGG) announced that all of its 220 brick-and-mortar stores will be closed on Thanksgiving this year. With this news, hhgregg takes a leadership role in the electronics industry, becoming the first major electronics retailer to announce Thanksgiving Day closure.
“We stand behind our core values and beliefs of being a family-first company,” said Bob Riesbeck, President and CEO of hhgregg. “It’s important to us that our associates are able to be home with their families on Thanksgiving, and we are encouraging our customers to do the same – knowing great deals will be available online, on Black Friday and through the weekend.”
hhgregg’s holiday hours:
- Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Thanksgiving: CLOSED – visit hhgregg.com
- Black Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
With business trends in the last decade resulting in earlier holiday shopping, hhgregg is drawing a line in the sand. “We continue to see a shift in the market place and feel it’s time for electronics industry leaders to take charge and move the shift back, in order to give associates, and people in general, more quality time with family and friends,” added Chris Sutton, SVP of Marketing.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- St. Jude Medical (STJ) Gets CE Mark for Proclaim SCS System Conditional Labeling
- Goodrich Petroleum Begins Trading OTC Under Ticker 'GDPP'
- Qualcomm (QCOM), Microsoft (MSFT) Enter Collaboration for Windows 10 on Snapdragon-Powered Mobile Devices
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!