eBay (EBAY) Completes Ticket Utils Acquisition
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
eBay (NASDAQ: EBAY) has completed the acquisition of Ticket Utils, a leading independent provider of software that helps large ticket sellers manage inventory and distribution. Ticket Utils has become part of eBay Inc.’s StubHub organization, supporting StubHub’s efforts to ensure that sellers have effective tools to improve their selling experience.
The below posting was originally published on July 14th 2016:
eBay Inc. today announced an agreement to acquire Ticket Utils, a leading independent provider of software that helps large ticket sellers manage inventory and distribution. Ticket Utils will become part of eBay Inc.’s StubHub platform, the largest ticket marketplace in the U.S. With this acquisition, StubHub will enable large sellers on StubHub to enjoy a best-in-class solution for inventory management, ticket distribution and internationalization of their inventory.
Ticket Utils is already a favorite among ticket sellers because of its ease, reliability and multi-device accessibility. Ticket Utils’ platform and feature set are expected to help maximize sell-through and better automate the inventory management process for large sellers on StubHub. Ticket Utils also supports multiple currencies and language, which will enable sellers to operate more effectively in international markets and take advantage of StubHub’s significant global expansion through our planned acquisition of Ticketbis.
“As StubHub seeks to become a truly global brand, we are working on new ways to ensure that sellers have effective, useful tools to better manage their inventory, pricing, distribution and internationalization,” said StubHub President Scott Cutler. “Ticket Utils is an example of the ways in which we are listening to our customers and working to improving their selling experience, which is a benefit to our business and theirs.”
Ticket Utils offers robust functionality for sellers, including:
- Desktop and mobile access
- Instant download and advanced PDF/barcode management
- Broker hub for one-click broker-to-broker transactions and a built-in broker-to-broker chat tool
- Instant online stores for sellers
- Auto-invoice and Quickbooks integration
- Maps and seating charts
“Ticket Utils has a strong history of providing large ticket sellers a sophisticated tool for managing their inventory, and with StubHub, we’ll be able to expand our reach and increase sellers’ success even further,” said Brian Hampel, president of Ticket Utils. “Scaling globally is an opportunity for growth, and we’re especially focused on introducing StubHub sellers to the ease and efficiency of entering new markets with Ticket Utils’ inventory solution.”
The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions. Terms of the deal are not being disclosed.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Neovasc (NVCN) Agrees to Sell Tissue Processing Tech to Boston Scientific (BSX) in $75M Deal
- Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) Announces Receipt of Continued Listing Standard Notice from NYSE
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!