Zynerba Pharma (ZYNE) Updates on ZYN001; Expects to Commence Phase 1 in H117
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Zynerba Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ZYNE) provided a development update for ZYN001 and ZYN002.
Zynerba and its development partner, LTS LOHMANN Therapie-Systeme AG (LTS), a market leader in transdermal therapeutic solutions, are working together to optimize the formulation of ZYN001 into a state of the art drug-adhesive matrix transdermal patch. ZYN001 is a patent-protected pro-drug of THC being developed for the treatment of fibromyalgia and peripheral neuropathic pain. Based on the additional optimization work in progress, Zynerba now expects to begin Phase 1 clinical trials for ZYN001 in the first half of 2017 and Phase 2 clinical trials are now planned to begin during the second half of 2017.
Three Phase 2 clinical trials with ZYN002, the first and only synthetic CBD that is formulated as a patent-protected permeation-enhanced gel, remain on track to report topline results in the first half of 2017. Two Phase 2 clinical trials are ongoing for ZYN002, in adults with refractory epilepsy and in knee pain associated with osteoarthritis. Phase 2 clinical trials in patients with Fragile X Syndrome (FXS) are on track to begin before the end of 2016.
“We are thrilled with the progress made in our development compounds – ZYN002 and ZYN001. Additionally, we are excited with the tremendous progress made by LTS in transforming ZYN001 into an optimized transdermal patch that balances efficacy with patient convenience,” said Armando Anido, Chairman and CEO. “We have completed the development of several prototypes which are smaller and more patient-friendly than our original design and believe that it is appropriate to move to this state of the art patch technology prior to initiating clinical development.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Announces Positive Results from IDP-118 Phase 3 as Psoriasis Treatment
- GE Transportation (GE) Acquires Iders Incorporated
- Milestone Scientific (MLSS) Updates on Henry Schein (HSIC) Agreement; Completes Training of Specialists
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!