Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) Comps Increased 6.3% in Sept.; Raises Q3 Guidance
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Zumiez Inc. (NASDAQ: ZUMZ) announced that total net sales for the five-week period ended October 1, 2016 increased 11.5% to $75.0 million, compared to $67.3 million for the five-week period ended October 3, 2015. The Company's comparable sales increased 6.3% for the five-week period compared to a comparable sales decrease of 1.8% in the year ago period.
Based primarily on higher than planned sales quarter-to-date the Company is raising its guidance and now expects fiscal 2016 third quarter net sales in the range of $216 to $217 million and net income per diluted share of approximately $0.29 to $0.30, an increase from the previously issued guidance of net sales in the range of $209 to $213 million and net income per diluted share of approximately $0.21 to $0.26. This guidance is now predicated on a comparable sales increase of approximately 2% for the third quarter.
To hear the Zumiez prerecorded September sales message, please dial (201) 689-8483 or (877) 523-5612, followed by the passcode # 986439 (ZUMIEZ).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- American Airlines (AAL) Nov. Traffic Declines 0.2%, Capacity Up 0.1%
- Phillips 66 (PSX) Sees 2017 Capital Budget of $2.7B
- SunPower (SPWR) to Commence Restructuring; Sees Charges; Offers FY17 Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!