Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) Comps Increased 6.3% in Sept.; Raises Q3 Guidance
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Zumiez Inc. (NASDAQ: ZUMZ) announced that total net sales for the five-week period ended October 1, 2016 increased 11.5% to $75.0 million, compared to $67.3 million for the five-week period ended October 3, 2015. The Company's comparable sales increased 6.3% for the five-week period compared to a comparable sales decrease of 1.8% in the year ago period.
Based primarily on higher than planned sales quarter-to-date the Company is raising its guidance and now expects fiscal 2016 third quarter net sales in the range of $216 to $217 million and net income per diluted share of approximately $0.29 to $0.30, an increase from the previously issued guidance of net sales in the range of $209 to $213 million and net income per diluted share of approximately $0.21 to $0.26. This guidance is now predicated on a comparable sales increase of approximately 2% for the third quarter.
To hear the Zumiez prerecorded September sales message, please dial (201) 689-8483 or (877) 523-5612, followed by the passcode # 986439 (ZUMIEZ).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amaya (AYA) Sees Higher 2016 Revs, EBITDA, EPS; CFO Daniel Sebag to Retire
- Apple files $1 billion lawsuit against chip supplier Qualcomm
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!