Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) Comps Increased 6.3% in Sept.; Raises Q3 Guidance
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Zumiez Inc. (NASDAQ: ZUMZ) announced that total net sales for the five-week period ended October 1, 2016 increased 11.5% to $75.0 million, compared to $67.3 million for the five-week period ended October 3, 2015. The Company's comparable sales increased 6.3% for the five-week period compared to a comparable sales decrease of 1.8% in the year ago period.
Based primarily on higher than planned sales quarter-to-date the Company is raising its guidance and now expects fiscal 2016 third quarter net sales in the range of $216 to $217 million and net income per diluted share of approximately $0.29 to $0.30, an increase from the previously issued guidance of net sales in the range of $209 to $213 million and net income per diluted share of approximately $0.21 to $0.26. This guidance is now predicated on a comparable sales increase of approximately 2% for the third quarter.
To hear the Zumiez prerecorded September sales message, please dial (201) 689-8483 or (877) 523-5612, followed by the passcode # 986439 (ZUMIEZ).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (RRGB) Prelim. Q3 Results Miss Expectations
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
- EQT Equity Completes Press Ganey (PGND) Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!