Zimmer Biomet Holdings (ZBH) Launches Comprehensive VRS
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZBH) announced the launch of the Comprehensive Vault Reconstruction System (VRS), the first patient-matched glenoid implant cleared to specifically treat patients with a severely deficient rotator cuff and extensive bone loss which precludes the use of a standard glenoid baseplate. The VRS uses CT imaging and advanced 3D reconstruction techniques to allow surgeons to personalize each patient's implant.
"The treatment options for extensive glenoid deficiencies were limited to bone grafting or hemi-arthroplasties, both of which were unreliable and had marginal success," said Dr. David Dines, Orthopedic Surgeon at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York and Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at Weill Cornell Medical College. "The Comprehensive Vault Reconstruction System represents an important advance in shoulder reconstruction by streamlining and personalizing the implant procedure in hope of more predictable outcomes and results that extend beyond pain relief, to restoring function and improving overall quality of life."
The first implantation of the VRS took place on September 21, 2016, at the University of Virginia Hospital in Charlottesville, Va. and was successfully performed by Dr. Stephen Brockmeier.
"The Comprehensive Vault Reconstruction System is another example of our commitment to addressing the clinical and unmet needs of shoulder specialists," said Orsa Britton, Vice President and General Manager of Zimmer Biomet's global Extremities business. "This innovative, patient-specific implant, coupled with extensive pre-operative planning software, will expand viable treatment options for patients with severe glenoid deformities."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Refutes TASER's Attack on ‘292 Patent; Says Nothing New Here
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Director Mnuchin Resigns Amid Trump Nod
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Load Factor Rose 0.9 Points in November 2016
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!