Zimmer Biomet Holdings (ZBH) Launches Comprehensive VRS
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZBH) announced the launch of the Comprehensive Vault Reconstruction System (VRS), the first patient-matched glenoid implant cleared to specifically treat patients with a severely deficient rotator cuff and extensive bone loss which precludes the use of a standard glenoid baseplate. The VRS uses CT imaging and advanced 3D reconstruction techniques to allow surgeons to personalize each patient's implant.
"The treatment options for extensive glenoid deficiencies were limited to bone grafting or hemi-arthroplasties, both of which were unreliable and had marginal success," said Dr. David Dines, Orthopedic Surgeon at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York and Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at Weill Cornell Medical College. "The Comprehensive Vault Reconstruction System represents an important advance in shoulder reconstruction by streamlining and personalizing the implant procedure in hope of more predictable outcomes and results that extend beyond pain relief, to restoring function and improving overall quality of life."
The first implantation of the VRS took place on September 21, 2016, at the University of Virginia Hospital in Charlottesville, Va. and was successfully performed by Dr. Stephen Brockmeier.
"The Comprehensive Vault Reconstruction System is another example of our commitment to addressing the clinical and unmet needs of shoulder specialists," said Orsa Britton, Vice President and General Manager of Zimmer Biomet's global Extremities business. "This innovative, patient-specific implant, coupled with extensive pre-operative planning software, will expand viable treatment options for patients with severe glenoid deformities."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings Announces Live Audio Webcast and Conference Call of Fourth Quarter and Full-Year 2016 Results
- Pulmatrix (PULM) Announces Drug Candidate Receives QIDP Designation from FDA
- Cardtronics (CATM), Walgreens Expand ATM Relationship
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!