Zayo Group (ZAYO) Announces Acquisition of Silicon Valley-Located Data Center
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) has completed a $12.8 million acquisition of a data center in Santa Clara, the company’s first data center in Northern California. The Bay Area represents one of Zayo’s most extensive metro dark fiber footprints encompassing 1,500 route miles. The expansion is driven by strong customer demand in Northern California leveraging interplay between data center and Communications Infrastructure
The facility, located at 5101 Lafayette Street, includes 26,900 total square feet and three megawatts (MW) of critical power. The location is adjacent to the recently completed Levi’s Stadium and connects to multiple data centers in Silicon Valley via Zayo-owned fiber assets. The facility also includes high-efficiency power and cooling infrastructure, seismic reinforcement to “1.5” and proximity to Zayo’s long haul dark fiber routes between San Francisco and Los Angeles.
With the high concentration of technology, content companies and research labs, Silicon Valley is a highly strategic location for Zayo. This facility complements zColo’s strong nationwide footprint, which is experiencing demand from cloud, content, service providers and traditional enterprise firms.
“We have long targeted Northern California as an expansion opportunity for our zColo data center business. The quality and high-power density of this facility is perfectly matched to the requirements of our leading-edge, Bay Area customers,” said Chris Morley, COO at Zayo.
The acquisition will contribute over $1 million in incremental annualized adjusted EBITDA.
For more information on Zayo, please visit zayo.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lionsgate (LGF) Closes Starz (STRZA) Merger
- Duke Energy Renewables Announces Acquisition of Victory Solar Power Project (DUK)
- Humana (HUM) Writes Corridor Receivables Off; Cites Affordable Care Act
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!