ZIOPHARM Oncology (ZIOP) Reports Palifosfamide Hits PFS Events in Phase 3
- Top 10 News for 5/23 - 5/27: Computer Sciences to Acquire Key Enterprise Asset; Bayer Makes Run at Monsanto; Twitter has 'Character' Change
- Wall Street puts finishing touch on best week since March
- Marketo (MKTO) Deal Talk to Force Microsoft's (MSFT) Big Wallet Into Action
- Thermo Fisher (TMO) to Acquire FEI Company (FEIC) in ~$4.2B Deal
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Rejected Joint Takeda, TPG Takeover Approach - WSJ
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. (Nasdaq: ZIOP) announced today that the Phase 3 (PICASSO 3) trial of palifosfamide (ZIO-201) in first-line metastatic soft tissue sarcoma has reached its target number of progression-free survival (PFS) events. PICASSO 3 is an international, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial whose primary endpoint is PFS. According to the protocol and statistical plan, reaching the target number of PFS events leads to completion of the blinded data collection process and then formal efficacy analysis by the IDMC (Independent Data Monitoring Committee). The Company will announce topline results from this trial during the last week of March 2013.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- DexCom (DXCM), Alere (ALR) Devices Set for FDA Panel Meetings
- ProNAi Therapeutics (DNAI) Acquires Exclusive AS-141 Development, Commercialization License
- CHMP Issues Positive Opinion on AbbVie's (ABBV) HUMIRA as non-Infectious Uveitis Treatment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!