ZIOPHARM Oncology (ZIOP) Reports Palifosfamide Hits PFS Events in Phase 3
- Top 10 News for 2/23 - 2/27: Revised GDP Slips, but Beats, in Q4; Two Pharma Giants to Merge; Net Neutrality Passes
- UPDATE: Revised Q4 GDP Growth Slows to 2.2% as Private Inventory Investment Estimate Trimmed
- Former AIG (AIG) CEO Benmosche Dies at Age 70
- UPDATE: FDIC Takes Over Doral Bank (DRL) in Puerto Rico
- Ericsson (ERIC) Files Complaints Against Apple (AAPL) Over Patent Infringement
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. (Nasdaq: ZIOP) announced today that the Phase 3 (PICASSO 3) trial of palifosfamide (ZIO-201) in first-line metastatic soft tissue sarcoma has reached its target number of progression-free survival (PFS) events. PICASSO 3 is an international, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial whose primary endpoint is PFS. According to the protocol and statistical plan, reaching the target number of PFS events leads to completion of the blinded data collection process and then formal efficacy analysis by the IDMC (Independent Data Monitoring Committee). The Company will announce topline results from this trial during the last week of March 2013.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Reiterates Bullish Take on ZIOPHARM (ZIOP) Following Meetings; Co. Considering Strategic Options as CAR-T Progresses
- Gilead Sciences (GILD) Reports Significant Data from Elvitegravir Combo Phase 3s vs. Stribild
- CEL-SCI Corp (CVM) Achieves Key Milestone in Multikine Phase 3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!