ZIOPHARM Oncology (ZIOP) Reports Palifosfamide Hits PFS Events in Phase 3
- MasterCard (MA) Approves $3.5B Buyback; Announces 10-for-1 Split, 83% Dividend Increase
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/11: (CYTR) (BGMD) (ASTC) Higher; (GEVO) (AVNR) (TNXP) Lower
- Autohome (ATHM) IPO Nearly Doubles on Open
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Misses Q1 EPS by 7c; adj.-Comps Up 5%
- Valero Energy Partners LP (VLP) IPO Opens Up Over 20%
ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc. (Nasdaq: ZIOP) announced today that the Phase 3 (PICASSO 3) trial of palifosfamide (ZIO-201) in first-line metastatic soft tissue sarcoma has reached its target number of progression-free survival (PFS) events. PICASSO 3 is an international, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial whose primary endpoint is PFS. According to the protocol and statistical plan, reaching the target number of PFS events leads to completion of the blinded data collection process and then formal efficacy analysis by the IDMC (Independent Data Monitoring Committee). The Company will announce topline results from this trial during the last week of March 2013.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Actavis (ACT) Units Enters Settlement Over Generic Asacol HD
- Global Eagle (ENT), Southwest (LUV) Launch New Messaging Service
- Gevo (GEVO) Prices 18.5M Units Offering; Plans to Sell Senior Notes
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!