Yandex (YNDX) Launches Global Partnership Program
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- SAP (SAP) Q4 IFRS Revenues Rises 7%, Boosts 2020 Outlook
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Yandex (Nasdaq: YNDX) announces the launch of its global partnership program for Android handset manufacturers and telecom operators.
Yandex’s partners will preinstall its proprietary products, Yandex Browser and Yandex Launcher, to achieve device differentiation, enhance end user experience and gain additional income through its ad revenue sharing model. The first round of Yandex partners includes Fly, LAVA, Mobile TeleSystems, Multilaser, Posh Mobile, Wileyfox and ZTE, making Yandex products available in Europe, India, Latin America and Africa.
“Device manufacturers often have to choose between developing in-house software at a huge overhead cost or sacrificing product differentiation and additional revenue. Some OEMs pre-install as many apps as possible. Unfortunately, this has a negative effect on the user experience and is counterproductive to their brands in the long-term,” explained Artem Fokin, Vice President for International Business Development, Yandex. “Our software and artificial intelligence technology is aimed at shaking up the market and helping our partners overcome these challenges, reduce customer churn and increase profit margins,” he continued.
Yandex mobile products feature simple yet powerful user interfaces that can be easily customized in accordance with partners’ brand identity requirements. The revenue sharing model allows partners to earn additional income from app recommendations within Yandex Launcher and from ads on Yandex Zen, a personalized content recommendation feed.
Yandex Zen offers users snapshots of articles, news, videos, images, and other stories matching personal interests in the form of an infinite feed. Yandex Zen is a core component of Yandex Browser and Yandex Launcher. All the products incorporate the latest developments in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Yandex’s global partnership program for Android handset manufacturers and telecom operators currently covers 15 countries.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Overseas Shipholding Group (OSG) Reaches Agreement with SEC
- Aptose Bio (APTO) to Prioritize Development of CG'806 and Temporarily Delay Clinical Activities with APTO-253
- Theravance Biopharma (TBPH) Reports Interim Data from TOUR Study in Oral Presentation at SCCM
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!