Xinyuan Real Estate (XIN) Appoints New CFO
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Xinyuan Real Estate Co., Ltd. (NYSE: XIN) announced that the Board of Directors has appointed Ms. Helen Zhang, previously an assistant president, as the Company's new Chief Financial Officer, effective immediately. Mr. Huaiyu "George" Liu will no longer serve as the Company's Chief Financial Officer and as a member of the Board of Directors, effective immediately. Mr. Liu's resignation was not the result of any disagreement with the Company with respect to the Company's financial or accounting practices.
Ms. Zhang has been working for the Company for over seven years and has held a number of senior level roles with Xinyuan. She has nearly two decades of experience in accounting, finance and investor relations having worked for companies with public listings in mainland China, Hong Kong and the United States. Her career encompasses working at China National Metals & Minerals Import & Export Corp.; China Netcom Group Company Ltd.; TechFaith Wireless Technology Ltd.; Baidu, Inc. and Sohu.com Inc. Ms. Zhang received her Bachelor in Economics from the University of International Business and Economics in Beijing, China and her MBA at Fordham University in 2001.
Mr. Yong Zhang, Chairman of Xinyuan, commented, "Helen has made significant contributions to Xinyuan as Financial Controller, interim CFO, Board Secretary and Assistant President over the past several years and we believe she is well positioned to move into the CFO role immediately. We look forward to her contributions as we continue to scale our operations in China and overseas."
"On behalf of the Company, I would like to thank Mr. George Liu for his contributions to Xinyuan over the past year and a half during which Xinyuan has experienced rapid development. We wish him well in his future endeavors."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Announces Notable DVM-250 Recorder, FleetVu Services Order
- KVH Industries (KVHI) Names New CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!