Xilinx (XLNX) FPGAs Now Being Utilized by Baidu (BIDU)
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Xilinx, Inc. (Nasdaq: XLNX) announced that Baidu, Inc. (Nasdaq: BIDU), the leading Chinese language Internet search provider, is utilizing Xilinx FPGAs to accelerate machine learning applications in their data centers in China. The two companies are collaborating to further expand volume deployment of FPGA-based accelerated platforms. As rapid growth of emerging applications begins to drive up computational workloads, data centers are turning to application accelerators to keep up with the demands for greater throughput at low latency while retaining practical power levels.
Xilinx FPGAs deliver the power efficiency that makes accelerators practical to deploy throughout the data center and can deliver a 10-20X performance/watt improvement. Baidu-optimized FPGA platforms are tuned for machine learning applications such as image and speech recognition. The platforms will also be leveraged in Baidu's initiative to develop commercially viable autonomous cars. When deployed in Baidu data centers, a powerful centralized pool of accelerators can be rapidly configured for the most demanding workloads based on user demand.
"Acceleration is essential to keep up with the rapidly increasing data center workloads that support our growth," said Yang Liu, Executive Director at Baidu.
"Xilinx FPGAs are assisting greatly with this critical task and can provide significant value in the design of autonomous vehicles," added Junwei Bao, Director in Baidu's Autonomous Driving Unit.
"The momentum for FPGA-based acceleration continues as shown by this significant implementation with Baidu," said Victor Peng, Executive Vice President and GM of the Programmable Products Group at Xilinx. "We celebrate Baidu's innovation, expertise and creativity in bringing advanced applications to market."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Seagate Technology (STX) Appoints Mark Adams to Board of Directors
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!