Xerox Corp. (XRX) Receives $110M USDA Contract
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has awarded Xerox (NYSE: XRX) a 10-year, $110M contract for managed print services (MPS) across all USDA agencies. As part of the agreement, Xerox will install and support up to 16,000 Xerox ConnectKey®-enabled printers and multifunction devices at more than 3,000 USDA sites around the globe.
USDA is working with Xerox to reduce costs while creating a print, copy, fax and scan environment with fewer but more powerful devices and a smaller environmental footprint. New tools – like ready-to-use apps built into the interface – enabled by the Xerox ConnectKey technology will support migration to digital workflows and provide detailed analytics to reduce print volumes and paper consumption.
“According to Gartner, companies spend between one and three percent of their annual revenue on printing, and managed print services can help reduce the expenditure by nearly 30 percent,” said Mike Zimmer, president, U.S. Large Enterprise Operations, Xerox. “With Xerox’s technology and services, the USDA can reduce spending while modernizing their operations, improving security and freeing up vital IT resources to support mission-critical programs.”
Xerox will provide ongoing service and support including help desks, maintenance, analytics and reporting services. Xerox will manage all of this with the aid of a secure web portal that has been customized for the USDA.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Tucows (TCX) to Acquire eNom from Rightside (NAME) for $83.5M
- Delphi Automotive (DLPH) Names Glen De Vos as CTO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!