Xerox Corp. (XRX) Receives $110M USDA Contract
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has awarded Xerox (NYSE: XRX) a 10-year, $110M contract for managed print services (MPS) across all USDA agencies. As part of the agreement, Xerox will install and support up to 16,000 Xerox ConnectKey®-enabled printers and multifunction devices at more than 3,000 USDA sites around the globe.
USDA is working with Xerox to reduce costs while creating a print, copy, fax and scan environment with fewer but more powerful devices and a smaller environmental footprint. New tools – like ready-to-use apps built into the interface – enabled by the Xerox ConnectKey technology will support migration to digital workflows and provide detailed analytics to reduce print volumes and paper consumption.
“According to Gartner, companies spend between one and three percent of their annual revenue on printing, and managed print services can help reduce the expenditure by nearly 30 percent,” said Mike Zimmer, president, U.S. Large Enterprise Operations, Xerox. “With Xerox’s technology and services, the USDA can reduce spending while modernizing their operations, improving security and freeing up vital IT resources to support mission-critical programs.”
Xerox will provide ongoing service and support including help desks, maintenance, analytics and reporting services. Xerox will manage all of this with the aid of a secure web portal that has been customized for the USDA.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- OncoGenex Pharma (OGXI) Announces Strong Survival Data from Apatorsen Phase 2 in MBC
- Quidel Corp (QDEL) Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for Solana Strep Complete Assay
- Federal Signal (FSS) Executive Chairman Dennis J. Martin to Retire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!