Xenetic Biosciences (XBIO) Announces Closure of $10M Units Offering
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Xenetic Biosciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: XBIO) announced the closing of its public offering of an aggregate of 2,424,242 units, consisting of (i) 484,849 units, consisting of one share of Convertible Series B Preferred Stock and a Class A Warrant to purchase one share of common stock and (ii) 1,939,393 units consisting of one share of Convertible Series B Preferred Stock and a Class B Warrant to purchase one share of common stock, at a public offering price of $4.125 per unit. OPKO Health, Inc. (Nasdaq: OPK) along with other healthcare institutional investors participated in the offering.
As previously announced, in connection with the closing of its public offering, the Company commenced trading of its common stock today on The Nasdaq Capital Market under the symbol “XBIO.”
Ladenburg Thalmann & Co. Inc. acted as the sole book running manager for the offering.
The total gross proceeds of the public offering are approximately $10 million before the underwriter's discount and expenses. The net proceeds from this offering will be used to fund the research and development of Xenetic’s product candidates, including Virexxa, as well as future development programs, potential in licensing of products or technology, potential in licensing of products or technology, capital expenditures, working capital, repayment of existing indebtedness, and other general corporate purposes.
The shares and warrants described above were offered by Xenetic pursuant to a registration statement on Form S-1 previously filed with, and subsequently declared effective by the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”). A final prospectus supplement relating to the offering was filed with the SEC and is available, along with the accompanying base prospectus, on the SEC's website at http://www.sec.gov or from Ladenburg Thalmann & Co. Inc., Prospectus Department, 570 Lexington Avenue, 11th Floor, New York, New York 10022, by calling (212) 409-2000.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- WildHorse Resource Development (WRD) Launches 27.5M Common Stock IPO
- Fairmount Santrol (FMSA) Pirices Larger 20M Share Stock Offering for Proceeds of $175M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Equity Offerings
Related EntitiesLadenburg Thalmann Financial Services, S1
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!