XBiotech (XBIT) Announces Completion of EMA GMP Inspection; Facility Recommended for Xilonix Production
- S&P, Dow fall with health stocks; Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
XBiotech Inc. (Nasdaq: XBIT) announced a successful GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) inspection by the European Medicines Agency (EMA). The EMA’s Competent Authorities of France [The French Agency for the Safety of Health Products], conducted the inspection in connection with the Xilonix Marketing Authorization Application. XBiotech’s production operations were deemed to be in general compliance with the principles and guidelines of good manufacturing practice as laid down in Commission Directive 2003/94/EC. The findings allow the French Agency to recommend to the EMA XBiotech’s current facility for the commercial manufacture of Xilonix.
XBiotech is pioneering a new manufacturing process using disposable bioreactor technologies. These manufacturing technologies reduce capital costs and operating complexity while improving flexibility of biological manufacturing compared to existing clean-in-place technologies. XBiotech CEO, John Simard, commented, “The confirmation of GMP compliance is an important step for our manufacturing platform and commercialization capabilities.”
The GMP inspection was performed as part of the evaluation of the Company’s Marketing Authorization Application for Xilonix for the treatment of advanced colorectal cancer. The Company expects EMA decision on the Marketing Application as early as the end of 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Whole Foods Market (WFM) Says It's Cooperating Fully with Detroit Health Department Following Case of Hepatitis A
- Merck (MRK) Announces KEYTRUDA Phase 3 KEYNOTE-045 Met Primary Endpoint; Trial Stopped Early
- Independent Bank (INDB), Island Bancorp Enter Merger Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!