Worthington (WOR) Completes Acquisition of Palmer Mfg. & Tank
- Top 10 News for 7/27 - 7/31: Teva Makes it Official with Allergan; China Stock Slide Continues; Revised Q2 GDP Misses Mark
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Posts Q2 EPS of $1.00
- TerraForm Global (GLBL) IPO Opens at $14
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 7/31: (YRCW) (MGI) (HTCH) Higher; (EYEG) (RADA) (OCN) Lower
- UPS (UPS) to Acquire Coyote Logistics in $1.8B Deal
Worthington Industries, Inc. (NYSE: WOR) announced today that its Pressure Cylinders segment has acquired Palmer Mfg. & Tank, Inc. business, a manufacturer of steel and fiberglass tanks and processing equipment for the oil and gas industry, and custom manufactured fiberglass tanks for agricultural, chemical and general industrial applications. Palmer is located in Garden City, Kan., and employs approximately 200 people. Palmer manufactures both steel and fiberglass tanks in a comprehensive range of sizes and is strategically located to serve the Bakken formation in North Dakota, the Uinta and Denver-Julesburg basins, along with several of the shale formations in northern Texas. Palmer was founded in 1971 and has 184,000 square feet of manufacturing space at the Garden City headquarters. The privately owned company generated sales of $70 million in its fiscal year ended June 30, 2012.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Phillips 66 (PSX), Energy Transfer (ETP), Sunoco Logistics (SXL) Form JV for Bayou Bridge Pipeline
- Viacom (VIAB) Takes 50% Stake in Prism TV Private Ltd. for ~$153M
- UPDATE: EU Opens Indepth Probe into FedEx (FDX)-TNT Express Transaction
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesBakken Formation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!