World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Chair, CEO McMahon Sells Stock; Sees Continuing in Role for 'Foreseeable Future'
- Wall Street falls as bank, healthcare shares weigh
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Faces U.S. Antitrust Case Over Licensing - Bloomberg
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE: WWE) disclosed the following on Wednesday:
Item 8.01. Other Events.
On August 17, 2016, the Vincent K. McMahon 2013 Irrev. Trust U/A dtd. December 5, 2013 (the “GRAT”) sold 1,547,372 shares of Class A common stock of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (the “Company”) in a block trade made in accordance with the provisions of Rule 144 of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended. The GRAT was established by Vincent K. McMahon (“Mr. McMahon”), the Company’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, for estate planning purposes for the benefit of Mr. McMahon and certain members of Mr. McMahon’s family. The GRAT sale was executed for liquidity and asset diversification. After the sale, the GRAT owns no Company common stock. Mr. McMahon has informed the Company that he has no further plans to sell shares of the Company’s stock and that he intends to continue in his capacity as the Company’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer for the foreseeable future.
The 1,547,372 shares sold by the GRAT represent approximately 2% of the Company’s total outstanding shares of Class A and Class B common stock. After the sale, Mr. McMahon beneficially owns 35,533,375 shares of the Company’s Class B common stock, which represents approximately 85% of the Company’s total voting power and approximately 46.5% of the Company’s total outstanding shares of common stock.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kurt Angle to Be Inducted into WWE® Hall of Fame
- NRG Energy (NRG) Says It's Aware of 13D Filing, Open to Input from All Shareholders - Bloomberg, Citing Emial
- Partner Communications (PTNR) Announces Departure of CFO Ziv Leitman
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Insider Trades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!