Windstream (WIN) Announces Expanded Cologix Partnership
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN) announced it has recently completed construction of a new colocation point of presence (PoP) in Dallas, Texas, and plans to complete construction of a new colocation PoP in Columbus, Ohio, in October – both in facilities operated by Cologix, a network-neutral interconnection and data center company. This adds to Windstream’s already-established presence in the Cologix Minneapolis and Jacksonville data centers, and aligns with Windstream’s continued aggressive Data Center Interconnect (DCI) efforts, adding carrier neutral data centers to its network and giving its wholesale and enterprise customers more options to access cloud resources.
The addition of these sites offers Cologix customers access to Windstream’s robust fiber network – the sixth-largest network in the nation, spanning more than 125,000 miles – providing multiple diverse routing options to protect their business critical services supported from the Meet-Me-Rooms of Cologix’s impressive network of data centers, including the following locations:
- 511 11th Ave., Minneapolis, Minn.
- 421 W. Church St., Jacksonville, Fla.
- 1950 N. Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, Texas
- 555 Scherers Court, Columbus, Ohio
The Cologix Columbus facility is strategically located at the convergence point for national carrier long-haul and regional carrier fiber networks in Central Ohio, providing an advantageous site for disaster recovery deployments backing up primary sites in Chicago and New York. The Dallas data center is located in the renowned INFOMART building and offers 40,000 SQF of state-of-the-art data center colocation space in one of the leading communications markets in the U.S.
“As Windstream continues executing on our network expansion strategy, it is imperative that we constantly evaluate the optimal interconnection locations in our markets,” said Clay Madar, senior product manager for Windstream’s wholesale business unit, who is leading the company’s DCI initiative. “Cologix is an ideal fit for Windstream, in part due to their key facility locations in booming business epicenters such as Minneapolis, Dallas and Columbus, but also due to our shared mission of using industry leading solutions to provide an exceptional experience for wholesale and enterprise customers.”
The partnership allows Cologix customers in all four locations (Dallas, Jacksonville, Columbus and Minneapolis) to tap into Windstream’s expansive fiber network, taking advantage of solutions such as:
- Optical Waves, offering bandwidths from 1G to 100G
- MEF 2.0 Certified Carrier Ethernet, offering bandwidths up to 1G
- MPLS IP VPN, offering bandwidths up to 1G
- Dedicated Internet Access (DIA), offering bandwidths up to 10G
“Windstream is committed to quickly meeting consumers’ evolving demand for superior network and cloud solutions in strategic edge markets where we continue to see explosive growth,” said Wayne Dietrich, chief sales officer for Cologix. “Windstream is a key customer of ours already in Jacksonville and Minneapolis, and we look forward to introducing them to our ecosystem and supporting their continued success in Dallas and Columbus.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Announces FDA Acceptance of Opdivo sBLA as Treatment for Adv. Bladder Cancer
- Altra Industrial Motion (AIMC) to Acquire GKN's Stromag
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!