WiLAN (WILN) Announces Acquisition of Another Panasonic Patent Portfolio
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
WiLAN (Nasdaq: WILN) announced that the Company's wholly-owned subsidiary, Micro-Optimus Technologies, Inc., has acquired a portfolio of patents from Panasonic Corporation. The portfolio covers motion sensing microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) technologies used in a variety of consumer devices, including fitness trackers and handsets.
This is the third patent assignment agreement under which Panasonic has transferred patents to a WiLAN subsidiary under a licensing partnership framework. Previous agreements involved patent portfolios covering a broad range of technologies including CMOS images sensors, motor drivers, power converters, microcontrollers and semiconductor packaging.
All other terms of the agreement are confidential.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Iron Mountain (IRM) Received Requisite Approval to Sell C21 Data Services Ltd
- Actions Semiconductor (ACTS) Shareholders Approve Going Private Deal
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) Confirms Agreement in Principle on Sky Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!