Whole Foods Market (WFM) , Kroger (KR) Trade Lower in Sympathy with Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM)
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Sprouts said, "This update reflects the impact of significant ongoing deflation, the stepped-up promotional environment and our cautious outlook for the remainder of the year. Comparable store sales growth for the third quarter ending October 2, 2016 is now expected to be approximately flat. The prolonged deflationary environment, competitive landscape and industry dynamics have prompted heavy promotions across the industry, adversely impacting retail deflation and traffic generation. Given the current environment, we are adjusting our full-year 2016 comparable store sales growth to be in the range of 1.5% to 2.5% and earnings per share to be in the range of $0.83 to $0.86."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- National Healthcare (NHC) Closes AVVC Acquisition; Enters New Credit Facility; Boosts FY16 Outlook
- Salisbury Bancorp (SAL) Reports Q3 EPS of $0.70
- Sanofi (SNY) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Boosts EPS Outlook; Approves EUR 3.5B Stock Buyback Plan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!