Whole Foods Market (WFM) , Kroger (KR) Trade Lower in Sympathy with Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM)
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall Street, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (CXRX) (CERC) Higher; (SGY) (MBRX) (STS) Lower
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Sprouts said, "This update reflects the impact of significant ongoing deflation, the stepped-up promotional environment and our cautious outlook for the remainder of the year. Comparable store sales growth for the third quarter ending October 2, 2016 is now expected to be approximately flat. The prolonged deflationary environment, competitive landscape and industry dynamics have prompted heavy promotions across the industry, adversely impacting retail deflation and traffic generation. Given the current environment, we are adjusting our full-year 2016 comparable store sales growth to be in the range of 1.5% to 2.5% and earnings per share to be in the range of $0.83 to $0.86."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Whole Foods Market (WFM) Says It's Cooperating Fully with Detroit Health Department Following Case of Hepatitis A
- Whole Foods Market (WFM) on Watch; Hep A Case Said Being Investigated in Detroit - Bloomberg
- Cyber-Security Stocks Push to Highs on Continued Widespread Internet Problems
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!