Whole Foods Market (WFM) , Kroger (KR) Trade Lower in Sympathy with Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM)
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Sprouts said, "This update reflects the impact of significant ongoing deflation, the stepped-up promotional environment and our cautious outlook for the remainder of the year. Comparable store sales growth for the third quarter ending October 2, 2016 is now expected to be approximately flat. The prolonged deflationary environment, competitive landscape and industry dynamics have prompted heavy promotions across the industry, adversely impacting retail deflation and traffic generation. Given the current environment, we are adjusting our full-year 2016 comparable store sales growth to be in the range of 1.5% to 2.5% and earnings per share to be in the range of $0.83 to $0.86."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TETRA Technologies (TTI) Offers Q4 Update; Says Considering Capital Raise Options
- Methode Electronics (MEI) Tops Q2 EPS by 11c; Boosts FY17 EPS Guidance
- UBS Cuts Price Target on SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) to $13
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Guidance, Management Comments, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!