Whirlpool (WHR) Adds New Director
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall Street, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (CXRX) (CERC) Higher; (SGY) (MBRX) (STS) Lower
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Today General Larry Spencer, United States Air Force (retired), was appointed to Whirlpool Corporation's board of directors, effective immediately.
"General Spencer's distinguished career, including leading all Air Force operations, brings great experience and perspective to our board," said Jeff M. Fettig, chairman and chief executive officer of Whirlpool Corporation. "His additional background in strategic planning, global operations and leadership makes him a strong addition to our board of directors and Whirlpool Corporation."
General Spencer, 62, retired as a four-star general in 2015, following 44 years with the Air Force, and he currently is president of the Air Force Association. Spencer enlisted in 1971, and rose to Vice Chief of Staff, the second highest-ranking military member in the Air Force. He also was the first Air Force officer to serve as the Assistant Chief of Staff in the White House Military Office. He served as the Chief Financial Officer and then Director of Mission Support as a major command, and he held positions within the Air Staff and Secretariat. General Spencer participated in contingency Operations Desert Shield/Storm, Desert Thunder, Desert Fox, Allied Force and Iraqi Freedom. He received the Defense Distinguished Service Medal, Air Force Distinguished Medal And Defense Superior Service Medal Legion of Merit. He has two named awards: The Air Force General Larry Spencer Innovation Award and the Air Force General Larry Spencer Special Acts and Services Award.
Spencer received his Bachelor of Science degree in industrial engineering technology from Southern Illinois University, Carbondale; a Master of Science degree in business management from Webster College; and a Master of Science degree in industrial resource strategy from the National Defense University. He is a Distinguished Senior Fellow of Fels Institute of Government, University of Pennsylvania.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: AHAM Appliance Shipments Rise 5% in Sept. - Bloomberg (WHR)
- Eaton Vance (EV) to Acquire Ameritas Holding's Calvert Investment Management
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Announces FDA Acceptance of Opdivo sBLA as Treatment for Adv. Bladder Cancer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!